Service Hours Policy
- MLCA’s tuition covers only a portion of the true cost to educate each child. Every year there is a $1,800 gap between the price of tuition and the actual cost to educate a student. This gap helps to make tuition affordable for families but requires the Academy to fundraise throughout the year to meet our budgetary needs.
- Early in the school’s history, parents determined that one way to help manage the cost of tuition was to control expenses at the Academy by requiring families to perform services hours throughout the school year.
- Each MLCA family is expected to contribute a minimum of 30 hours of service (approximately 2.5 hours a month) for one student and a total of 45 hours for two or more students. To those who donate hours over and above the requirement, and many do, THANK YOU! It is essential for every family to participate in this program and our goal is to make this process rewarding for you and our MLCA family.
Please report your hours on Sycamore or call Ronda at 509-765-9704.
- Scoreboard & shot clock for HS basketball (contact Ronda)
- Concession stand for HS basketball (contact Ronda)
- Office lunch time volunteer subs: MTTHF 11:40-1:15 W 11:40-1:30
- Weeding on preschool playground and around the campus
- Clean basement stairwells (leaf debris, garbage) all buildings
- Clean H.S. hangout room weekly (sweep, mop, dust, microwaves, counter)
- Scrub down tables in elementary lunchroom (contact Simone Hampton)
- Landscaping (weed pulling, sweeping, leaf collection, tumbleweeds)
- Board meetings or board member (contact Mrs. Voigt)
- Snow removal off roofs of each building (contact Darci)
- Field trip chaperone (TBD)
- HS Dance Chaperones: TBD (contact Mrs. Voigt)
- Vehicle maintenance (wash & detail)
- Chapel speaker (if in Ministry, contact Mr. Bartlett)
- Dust trophy cases in HS entry way weekly
- Wash door windows/windows weekly
- Sweep behind couches in elementary (bi-monthly if possible)
- Window washing inside and out
- Volleyball line judge (contact Ronda)
- MS Volleyball referee (contact Ronda)
- MLCA Front Signage upkeep (weeding, tumbleweeds)